Grove Dental can provide you with a crown that blends seamlessly with your natural teeth.
If you have a cracked or severely decayed tooth, getting quality dental crowns may be the right treatment for you. At Grove Dental, we offer natural-looking crowns for teeth that are aimed at protecting, covering and restoring the original aesthetics of a damaged tooth.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also called a dental cap, are customized, tooth-shaped casings that fit snuggly over damaged teeth to improve strength, size and aesthetics. The tooth cap encases the entire visible portion of the tooth and functions as its new outer surface so that you can chew, speak and smile comfortably once again — while preventing additional damage. Coming to Grove Dental for a dental crown in Bolingbrook, IL, Downers Grove, Lombard or Wheaton means getting attractive, durable restorations that look and function just like your natural teeth.
Our Process for Getting a Tooth Crown
Having a tooth crown placed is simple at one of Grove Dental’s offices.
- Our gentle team will prepare the tooth by removing a small portion of enamel in order to accommodate the temporary crown..
- An impression of the tooth is then taken and sent to an off-site dental laboratory where it is fabricated according to the tooth’s exact specifications. A porcelain crown is the most popular option for a tooth cap today, as it is virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- A temporary crown is attached to the tooth to protect it until the permanent crown is ready.
- At the following visit, the temporary crown is removed and the new porcelain crown is permanently positioned and bonded over the affected tooth.
Advantages of Dental Crowns
Our dental crowns offer many benefits, including the following features:
- Crowns are long lasting with proper care.
- Crowns are quickly and easily placed.
- Crowns are strong and durable.
- Crowns protect teeth from further decay, infection and fracture.
- Crowns improve your ability to chew and speak.
- Placement of a crown requires little to no recovery time.
- Crowns save severely damaged or decayed teeth from extraction.
- Crowns restore the aesthetics of your smile.
Why Might You Need a Tooth Crown?
If the structural integrity of one or more of your natural teeth has been compromised, a crown may be the best way to preserve the tooth, prevent extraction and enhance the appearance of your smile. Without a dental cap, your tooth will become significantly weaker and may fracture or cause unnecessary pain.
Our experienced dentists at Grove Dental may recommend a crown for your teeth to:
- Strengthen a fractured or decayed tooth that cannot be treated with a filling
- Replace a damaged filling
- Restore excessively worn teeth
- Support a dental bridge
- Cover an implant
- Improve the appearance of a chipped, discolored or misshaped tooth
- Seal and protect a tooth after root canal treatment
Choose Grove Dental for Your Dental Crown Needs
Grove Dental has more than 40 years of experience in designing and placing durable, custom crowns that look and feel like your natural teeth. If you’re currently suffering from a severely damaged or decayed tooth, we urge you to learn more about the many benefits of a dental crown by scheduling an appointment today.